2022-23 BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League – RCFC 0:5 Kitchee


RCFC hosted Kitchee on Saturday afternoon for the second BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League fixture of the day. Visiting Kitchee went all guns blazing on the evening, scoring five goals past RCFC and claimed a 5:0 shutout victory over the host.

Kitchee got off to a dream start and got the ball rolling in the opening minute. Barely a minute into the game, Kitchee midfielder Ngan Chuek-pan delivered a dangerous cross towards the middle. RCFC centre-back Yeung Hin-lok tried to clear the ball away but accidentally knocked it into his own net, giving the visitors an early lead.

Kitchee kept it going and soon bagged the second goal of the game. On the 10th minute, veteran marksman Dejan Damjanovic connected with a Fernando Pedreira corner-kick and nodded the ball home. Kitchee was now leading 2:0.

A few minutes later, it was Kitchee once again. This time, Law Tsz-chun made a darting run and reached the RCFC box with the ball. Law spotted a well-positioned Dejan Damjanovic, teed up the latter with a fine pass, allowing Damjanovic to easily fire the ball home. The score was now 3:0 for Kitchee and the match had not even reached the fifteen minute mark.

Kitchee was practically having full control of the game and made it 4:0 on the 34th minute. Midfielder Ngan Cheuk-pan pressured the ball off RCFC goalkeeper Justin Law in the RCFC danger area. Ngan kept his cool and duly fired the ball into the empty net.

Kitchee was cruising with a 4:0 lead over RCFC entering half time.

RCFC tried to fight back in the second half, hoping to salvage some pride.

On the 65th minute, RCFC defender Yip Cheuk-man’s shot was paved away by Paulo Da Silva in the Kitchee net. Pablo Lardies went for the rebound but could not hit the target with his effort.

It was back to Kitchee’s turn afterwards. On the 70th minute, Fernando Pedreira’s well-placed free-kick reached teammate Ruslan Mingazov. The latter pulled the trigger but saw his effort charged away by an RCFC player. However, RCFC’s Lau Kwan-ching accidentally directed the loose ball into his own net. The score was 5:0 for Kitchee at this stage.

On the 72nd minute, RCFC generated a solid chance to break the goose egg. Pablo Lardies flew down the wing and sent a teasing cross towards the middle. Felipe Sa went dashing in but saw his strike hitting the crossbar and staying out of the net. RCFC was left ruling its luck.

The score eventually stood all the way towards the final whistle, as Kitchee made light work of RCFC on the evening and defeated the host through a 5:0 victory.


RCFC 0:5 Kitchee