2022-23 BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League - Lee Man 3:1 RCFC


Lee Man entertained RCFC on Sunday afternoon in Tseung Kwan O Sports Ground for the last remaining BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League fixture of the weekend. Lee Man dominated most of the proceedings and defeated RCFC through a 3:1 home victory.

Lee Man came up with the first shot of the game on the 2nd minute, as Chang Hei-yin pushed forward with the ball and reached the edge of the RCFC penalty area. Chang decided to pull the trigger on a running shot, forcing out a solid one-hand save from goalkeeper Justin Law.

Lee Man drew first blood of the game on the 20th minute. Chang Hei-yin picked up the ball on the left wing, then looked up, drilled a right foot curler that sailed past RCFC goalkeeper Justin Law and entered the net. It was a spectacular strike by the Lee Man youngster. The home side now had a 1:0 lead.

Lee Man continued to apply pressure towards RCFC. On the 25th minute, Everton Camargo did well on the right side and dug the ball towards the middle. Chang Hei-yin connected with the delivery and fired away, only to see his shot cleared off the goal line by RCFC player Tsang Chung-nam.

On the 36th minute, Lee Man had a glorious chance to double its lead, as Manu Gavilan nicked the ball off RCFC goalkeeper Justin Law, then pulled the trigger from the left wing, only to see his shot cleared away by RCFC defender Yip Cheuk-man. RCFC dodged another bullet on the occasion.

A few minutes later, Lee Man’s Manu Gavilan went knocking on the RCFC door once again. This time, the Spanish striker cutely chested down a teammate’s centering pass, then unloaded a cracking shot that was brilliantly charged away by RCFC goalkeeper Justin Law.

Late in the first half, RCFC’s Ki Sze-ho intercepted a pass from Lee Man goalkeeper Yuen Ho-chun. The RCFC player fired away from the right wing but witnessed his shot hitting the side netting. Shortly afterwards, Benjamin Otega ignited an RCFC counter-attack, before ripping a low drive that was smartly stopped by Lee Man goalkeeper Yuen Ho-chun. At the half time break, Lee Man was up 1:0 over RCFC.

Lee Man almost netted a second goal early in the second half. On the 47th minute, Ryoya Tachibana dished out a low cross from the left wing but was cleared away by an RCFC player. Diego Moreira stepped up and pulled the trigger, only to fire the ball wide.

Moments later, it was once again Lee Man. This time, Yuto Nakamura picked out Cheng Siu-kwan on the right wing. The latter righted himself, then drilled a left footer that was nicely paved away by RCFC goalkeeper Justin Law.

RCFC came up with a rare scoring chance on the 256th minute, as Jordan Lam’s long range drive was easily claimed by Lee Man goalkeeper Yuen Ho-chun.

Lee Man made it 2:0 on the 61st minute, as Cheng Siu-kwan pressured the ball off RCFC’s Yip Cheuk-man, allowing Manu Gavilan to fire it straight into the RCFC goal. It was now 2:0 for Lee Man.

The home side added another goal on the 64th minute. This time, Manu Gavilan flew down the right wing and pulled the ball back for Cheng Siu-kwan. The latter one-timed at the ball and slotted it home with ease. Lee Man was now pulling away with a 3:0 lead.

RCFC suffered further blow on the day. On the 82nd minute, Defender Tsang Chung-nam picked up his second booking of the day and his subsequent marching order. RCFC was down to ten men.

Deep in stoppage time, RCFC managed to get on the scoreboard. Wong Wai-kwok gave chase to a teammate’s long pass and flew down the left flank. Wong cut back towards the middle and belted a sweet curler that found the far-side of the Lee Man net. RCFC was down by two goals.

At the end, Lee Man managed to see through its lead all the way towards the final whistle, as the home side went on to beat the visiting RCFC through a 3:1 victory.

Lee Man 3:1 RCFC