2019-20 HKFA Senior Shield – Kitchee 1:5 Lee Man


Kitchee took on Lee Man in Yuen Long Stadium on Sunday afternoon for a Senior Shield quarter-final fixture. Lee Man went firing on all cylinders and beat Kitchee 5:1, punching its ticket for the semi-final stage.

Lee Man opened the score on the 12th minute, as Michael N’dri picked out teammate Yu Pui-hong with a fine pass on the left-side. Yu fought off pressure from a Kitchee defender, then went one-on-one against the Kitchee goalkeeper and buried his shot, making it 1:0 for Lee Man.

On the 17th minute, Lee Man went knocking on the Kitchee door once again. This time, Serii Shapoval pulled the trigger on a long-shot from outside the box but failed to hit the target with his shot.

Kitchee tried to get back into the game and came close on the 28th minute. Ju Yingzjhi found daylight and unloaded a drive towards the Lee Man net but was denied by a smart save from Lee Man goalkeeper Yuen Ho-chun.

Lee Man doubled its lead moments later, as Tse Long-hin delivered a sweet cross towards the middle. The Kitchee defense failed to clear the ball away. Yu Wai-lim seized the opportunity, fired from inside the box and found the back of the net, making it 2:0 in the process.

Lee Man kept the pressure coming and scored the next goal. On the 33rd minute, Cheng Siu-kwan knocked the ball into the Kitchee danger area. Martins Givanilton took care of the rest and tucked the ball home. It was now 3:0 with Lee Man well in front.

Before the end of the first-half, Lee Man added to its lead with another goal. This time, Jonatan Acosta picked out teammate Martins Givanilton with a sweet pass. The latter pulled the trigger and fired the ball home. The score was now 4:0.

Kitchee nearly broke the goose-egg early in the second-half. On the 49th minute, Fernando Pedreira made a great move down the left-wing before smashing the ball straight at the Lee Man crossbar.

Kitchee managed to pull one back on the 52nd minute, as Manuel Bleda fired home from close-range and made it 4:1. Kitchee was still trailing by three goals.

Kitchee was dealt with a huge blow on the 63rd minute, as Lucas Da Silva was shown a red card from the referee after committing a foul.

On the 79th minute, Kitchee came up with another chance to pull closer. Daniel Cancela picked out Fernando Pedreira with a fine pass. The latter pulled the trigger but smashed the ball high.

Deep in stoppage time, Serii Shapoval found teammate Michael N’dri with a lovely pass. N’dri buried his shot and found the back of the Kitchee net. The score was now 5:1.

The score stood towards the final whistle, as Lee Man cruised past Kitchee by 5:1.


Kitchee 1:5 Lee Man